How to install SSL and protect Kepler node

I am having problem like how to configure SSL, domain, how to configure in docker-compose.yml file.
for Proxy Service, how to configure.
Can someone create a tutorial so we can all apply.
Security is of the utmost importance in the operation of the Kepler node!

We have a guide to set this up:

Hope this helps

1 Like

Do we need to stop indexing before we add SSL Certificate?

U donā€™t need to stop indexing before we add SSL Certificate

1 Like

ā€œEdit your NGINX configuration to add the following (e.g. it would usually be at /etc/nginx/sites-available/proxy.mysqindexer.com )ā€

# /etc/nginx/sites-available/proxy.mysqindexer.com
server {
    listen 443 ssl; // Update the ports to listen on
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name proxy.mysqindexer.com; // update the server name to match your DNS address

location / {
      proxy_pass      http://127.0.0.1:1080;
    }

}

canā€™t understand this moment. If I do everything step by step like in the tutorial I have only ā€œdefaultā€ file in the /etc/nginx/sites-available/. If I create file with my domain name like ā€œproxy.mysqindexer.comā€ and paste inside this config (using my own server name) and then create link like this -

sudo ln -s /etc/nginx/sites-available/proxy.mysqindexer.com /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/proxy.mysqindexer.com

I canā€™t start the certbot. I see an error: ā€œError while running nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf -t.ā€,
ā€œnginx: [emerg] no ā€œssl_certificateā€ is defined for the ā€œlisten ā€¦ sslā€ directive in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/proxy.mydomainname.com:1ā€
" The nginx plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: MisconfigurationError(ā€˜Error while running nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf -t.\n\nnginx: [emerg] no ā€œssl_certificateā€ is defined for the ā€œlisten ā€¦ sslā€ directive in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/proxy.mydomainname.com:1\nnginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed\nā€™)"

I have not worked with nginx before and do not know how to configure it correctly

Hello,

I came across a helpful guide on DigitalOcean that explains how to set up Nginx and Certbot: How To Secure Nginx with Let's Encrypt on Ubuntu 22.04 | DigitalOcean

However, I personally faced some issues with nginx and ended up using apache2 with certbot by following a separate guide on DigitalOcean.

incorrect comments in the official document
use

# /etc/nginx/sites-available/proxy.mysqindexer.com
server {
    listen 443 ssl; # Update the ports to listen on
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name proxy.mysqindexer.com; # update the server name to match your DNS address

location / {
      proxy_pass      http://127.0.0.1:1080;
    }

}